Monday 29 April 2019

Kufri - Snow white ridges

I have been wanting to write about my visit to Kufri but for some reason, this kept falling off the radar. I visited Kufri for a conference in January 2019. While I had been to Kufri twice before, this was my first visit in the winter. I was excited because this was my first time visiting any place where there was snow.

My travel to Kufri took me almost 14 hours from Chennai - a combination of flight and road travel. The road trip took longer because once you are past Dhalli near Shimla, the roads are covered with ice and driving can be trecherous during the day, but late evening and night can be merciless. 

Well, I managed to get to Kufri all right and in one piece and into my resort - #Sterling Kufri.

At check in, one of my junior team members asked me to join for an early morning walk and visit a field of snow. I agreed. 

At 630am the next day, I was up and walked out of the resort to sheets of ice on the road. Its fun to walk on ice, just dont get over-confident. 

I watched the sun rise over the ridge and it was beautiful. the warm glow of the sun as it reflects off the fresh powder of snow is a sight to soak in and see. As we continued to walk on, we finally reached the field of snow....wow, 6 inches of fresh snow, soft and welcoming. I grew up in a tropical climate so seeing the snow was just so exciting, I felt like a child with a new toy. 

But...I was there for a conference and so back to suits and work. Of course, it wasnt all work. After all, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy 😲





1 comment: